Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

HONOR YOURSELF WITH .........AWARENESS

AWARENESS IS INTUITIVE KNOWLEDGE......THE ABILITY TO RECOGNIZE AND HARNESS THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH IN ACTION.
KNOWLEDGE OR INFORMATION VOID OF EMOTIONAL CHARGE OR JUDGEMENT.

If one person says you are a horse, you don't have to listen.
If two people say you are a horse,  you probably need to pay a bit more attention to what you are doing.
If three people say you are a horse, more than likely you have hay hanging out of your mouth and a saddle on your back!
In other words, people looking at you can see things that you may not be aware of.
Very often we are unwilling or unable to discuss with one another the unpleasant aspect of ourselves.  Rather than discuss what we feel. we criticize one another.

WHEN WE REFUSE TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT LIFE IS SAYING TO YOU, LIFE WILL MAKE ITS POINT VERY CLEAR!

Life wants us to be AWARE of ourselves so we can make the necessary adjustments in order to live more harmoniously.
People always used to say to me that I looked angry or defensive and combative.
Whenever these things were said to me I would become offended and would go into a long tirade about people not knowing me, what I thought, or what I felt; and how fed up I was of others telling me I was angry, combative and defensive and that I was none of those!

BUT THE TRUTH.........I WAS!!

Life was trying to make me AWARE  that I was acting like a horse, but I kept on insisting that I was a kitten.
One day it became very clear that I had hay hanging out of my mouth......and probably was neighing like a horse as well to who ever would listen!
When Life is trying to tell us something often in our fear and anger we are rendered deaf, dumb and blind.
The truth was people saw me as angry and threatening and were intimidated by me.
CRITICISM, WHEN OFFERED IN A WAY THAT INVALIDATES YOU, WILL DO JUST THAT. IF, HOWEVER, YOU ARE ON THE PATH TO SELF-AWARENESS AND PERSONAL GROWTH, CRITICISM CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH VERY PROFOUND INSIGHTS INTO YOURSELF!

If you can move beyond anger and fear, those who criticize you are actually using the only means they know of to make you AWARE of how you impact the world.
If you can control the ego long enough to hear what is being said, you may just realize that people usually say to you the very things you have said silently to yourself but have ignored.

BECOMING AWARE OF YOURSELF AND THE IMPACT YOU HAVE ON OTHERS IS NOT AN EASY TASK!
It requires the same kind of determination I imagine most Olympic distance runners must have.  You must be willing to LISTEN, keep plugging learning to accept, understand and love yourself exactly as you are, coming from where you have been.

THE FIRST STEP TOWARD AWARENESS IS BEING WILLING TO LOOK AT YOURSELF AND YOUR LIFE WITHOUT JUDGMENT OR SELF-CRITICISM.
Every little detail must be examined, every experience, incident, and entanglement must be revisited and explored.
It was James Baldwin who said, " YOU CANNOT FIX WHAT YOU WILL NOT FACE!'

The clue to successful AWARENESS is that you only have to LOOK and become AWARE, you do not have to FIX.
Once you are AWARE you are empowered to choose what works and what does not work.
Once you become AWARE, there is no longer a need to fear criticism.  You realize that people are not trying to invalidate who you are or what you do, and you say " Thank you for sharing, I know that about myself, and I am working on it!!"


Today, I choose AWARENESS
I choose to be AWARE of the beauty of life and living.
I choose to be AWARE of the simple truths in life.
I choose to be AWARE of the simple pleasures in life.
I choose AWARENESS of joy, peace and love.
Today I choose to be AWARE and to embrace all that is good, noble and divine.
As my AWARENESS of joy, peace, love and goodness grow in my consciousness, joy, peace, love, and goodness BECOME THE REALITY IN WHICH I LIVE.
For this I am so grateful.
AND SO IT IS!!!

LET ME REMEMBER............

Life always makes me AWARE of what I need to know.
I cannot change what I am not willing to face.
AWARENESS  is the path to better choices.
SELF-AWARENESS is the key to peace.
AWARENESS opens the mind and heart to new possibilities.

Now it is time to take up your journal and ask yourself these few questions and answer them truthfully and mindfully.

AFTER READING TODAY'S BLOG ON AWARENESS, I REALIZE.......................................
...............................................................................................
THE KEY PHRASE(S) I WANT TO REMEMBER AND WORK WITH TODAY ARE.........
...............................................................................................
TODAY, I BECOME AWARE OF THE IMPACT ON ME WHEN ..........................................
...............................................................................................
TODAY, I REALIZE I AM NOT ALWAYS AWARE OF..........................................................
...............................................................................................
I AM NOW AWARE THAT I CAN HAVE THE GREATEST IMPACT ON OTHERS WHEN.....
..............................................................................................


I hope that this has served you and that you will benefit from it, grow from it and have the courage to face those things in your life that you have not been willing to acknowledge and become aware of.


NEXT WEEK:  HONOR YOURSELF WITH.............ACCEPTANCE.
An inner realization that all is well, regardless of the outward expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment