Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

HONOR YOURSELF WITH .........CHOICE

CHOICE IS THE ABLITY TO RECOGNIZE ALTERNATIVES AND POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES.


There is a wonderful fable about a rabbit and a witch that teaches us about the power of CHOICE.
The witch and the rabbit lived in the woods together.  They spent many days talking and walking the many wooded trails together.  One day, the witch asked the rabbit to come with her to another town.
Rabbit did not want to go, but he did not say anything. He walked alongside the witch, talking as if everything was fine.  After walking for quite some time, they stopped to rest.  Rabbit said, " I'm so thirsty."  The witch plucked a leaf from the tree, blew on it, and presented rabbit with a gourd full of water.  Rabbit took the gourd, drank the water, and didn't say anything.  They continued on their journey.
During another rest period, the rabbit announced to the witch, " I'm hungry". The witch picked up a stone, blew on it, and turned it into a bunch of radishes.  Rabbit accepted the radishes, ate them, and didn't say anything.  They continued on their journey.  A short while later, the rabbit somehow lost his footing and tumbled down the mountainside into a very deep cavern.  The witch changed herself into a bird and flew to the rabbit's side.  He was in pretty bad shape.
The witch turned herself back into a person.  She gathered every leaf and stone she could find.  With a few magic words, she made a magic salve that she rubbed all over the rabbit.  He lay there for a while.
Witch never left his side.  Several days later, when rabbit was feeling better, the witch changed herself into an eagle, swooped the rabbit up, and flew away with him.  She carried him back to his nest and flew away again.
Many days passed, and the witch had not seen the rabbit.  She called for him. She searched for him.  She could  not find her friend.  One day, purely by accident, the witch bumped into the rabbit in the forest.  "Why have you been hiding from me? Why didn't you let me know you were doing better?"
"Get away from me!" the rabbit screamed. " I am afraid of you.  I don't like you, or the magic things that you do!"  The witch was very hurt.  Tears were welling up in her eyes as she said to the rabbit, " I helped you because I thought you were my friend.  You accepted my magic gifts as if you were my friend.  Now you turn on me! Don't you know that I can destroy you!  I will not do it because I have been your friend.  What I will do is put a curse on you.  From this day forth, WHEN YOU DO NOT MAKE YOUR WISHES KNOW YOU WILL LOSE YOUR POWER TO WISH. And when you have no wishes and become afraid, that of which you are afraid will come upon you.

The moral of the story is, THAT WHICH YOU DO NOT CHOOSE WILL CHOOSE YOU, AND THAT WHICH YOU FEAR WILL FIND YOU.

It's not that we don't realize that we must make choices;  for most of us it is the FEAR OF MAKING THE WRONG CHOICE.
In some cases, the failure to choose is the result of the FEAR OF LETTING GO OF THE OLD FOR NEW, THE FAMILIAR FOR THE UNFAMILIAR.  This is the essence of choice; the ability to make our wishes know, to let go and stand on new and unfamiliar ground.
What we do not realize is that choice is a divine teacher, for when we choose we learn that NOTHING IS EVER PUT IN OUR PATH WITHOUT A REASON.

When we choose to follow a certain path or engage in a certain activity, it is because that choice holds a lesson for us.  When we stand still, refusing to choose, we miss the opportunity to develop our intuition and obey the whisperings of our heart.  CHOICE TEACHES US HOW TO LISTEN, AND WHY WE MUST OBEY.

The consequences of our choice or our failure to choose teaches us how to live in harmony with our SELF.  That SELF is always guiding and protecting us.  It is up to us to choose to listen to what the SELF is saying.  It speaks to us as feelings.  It speaks to us as the need to grow.  When the pace of life or habits force us to choose, we may not take time to listen within, weigh all the possible alternatives, and evaluate the consequences.  Undoubtedly, these forced choices teach us what works and what does not work in our lives.

On the other hand, clearly focused choices, grounded in self-awareness and trust, reveal to you the truth of your inner knowing.  Your choices become your personal library of victory and success, or the need to spend more time HONORING YOUR SELF.
ALL CHOICES, WHETHER FORCED OR FOCUSED, RESISTANT OR COURAGEOUS, WILL TAKE YOU TO A LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING THAT WILL ULTIMATELY AFFECT THE WAY YOU VIEW LIFE.

The willingness to make conscious choices is another way of demonstrating that you are ready to find new ways of living and being before you are forced to do it.  When what we do, how we do it, and the way we do it no longer fits our purpose in life, we must choose to do something else.
It means we are aware of our patterns, and no longer choose to embrace them.  This becomes the choice to grow.  When we consciously choose growth over stagnation and fear, the divine spirit of the universe will support our decision by bringing our lesson gently and lovingly.
When you choose to know the truth, the truth about your strengths , your power, your ability to withstand the consequences of your choices, it is never as bad as you imagine it will be.
Choice makes it easier, because once you choose and see that things are getting a bit out of hand, or that you are in fact not ready, you have the ability, right, and power to make another choice.


CHOICE  is my divine teacher.
My CHOICES  are sustained by divine wisdom.
Silence is a CHOICE not to choose.
Unconscious CHOICE wins by default.
What I resist will persist.
Conscious CHOICE is the path to personal power.


After reading today, I realize..................................................

The key phrase(s) I want to remember and work with today are...........................................................

Today, I realize it is difficult for me to make a CHOICE  when............................................................

Today, I realize it is easy for me to make a CHOICE when..................................................................

Today, I realized that I have not made a conscious CHOICE  about.....................................................


PROCRASTINATING IS NOT CHOOSING!!! 

I hope that todays blog will serve you well.
Love Melanie xx

4 comments:

  1. I'm convinced that you must know me, Melanie. Your posts always speak to areas that I continuously struggle with. Thank you, once again, for the much needed reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Procrastination is what I struggle with not wanting to make the wrong choices.....what a gift your website is...Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you i start 2 get iam worth my life x monday get take big step with x by take test for write find out do promble with be able help myself 1 day at time as normally run ways so fast because of self belive in me xx

    ReplyDelete