Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

HONOR YOURSELF WITH .........FUN

The principle we are working with this week is JOY.  FUN is the pursuit of joy.  Activities that provide amusement and mental or emotional release.

And don't we all need that!

Do you have toys?  In case you have forgotten, toys are things you play with just for the joy of playing!
I play with fabric, I go shopping in search of gorgeous fabrics, I love to touch them, smell them, cut them up and make something spectacular with them.  I play with fabric because it is fun.

Some people play with food, play with different recipes and then make the family eat it!!

THE POINT I WANT TO MAKE IS THAT IT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO SPEND SOME PORTION OF LIFE HAVING FUN.  Just because you are now an adult does not mean that you cannot PLAY.

We can get so caught up in the process of life, the responsibilities of life, what we want from life, that we forget to have FUN.
Life is a joke.  It is absolutely hysterical if you think about some of the things that go on in life.  You would have no choice other than to laugh.
Life is a game.  Games are intended to be fun, but we work at our games and turn our games into work.
We get so caught up in the work portion of life that we forget to PLAY. We forget to have FUN.
This is where toys can become very helpful.  When you commit some time each week to playing and having fun, life gets much easier.
When you realize that there is more to life than working, paying the bills, when you have something fun to look forward to, life takes on a completely different tone.
FUN gives you a new outlook.  It helps you expand your mind and your spirit.  It keeps you young and vibrant.
FUN allows you to think about something other than what you don't have or cannot do and the places you wish you didn't have to go.

FUN IS ABSOLUTELY FREE.  If you don't have toys, you could always get naked!
Just take your clothes off and stand in front of the mirror.  I guarantee that there will be a least one thing about your body that you can laugh at! I know I do, but I accept it as it is regardless.

When was the last time you played "dress-up?" Or threw a water balloon at someone you know?  When was the last time you had a talent show with your children and friends?
There are so many noncompetitive, no intellectual things you can do just for the fun of doing them.
You can miss the news for one night.  You can finish the book tomorrow.  The laundry can stay in a neat and orderly pile just a few more hours.

RIGHT NOW, YOU NEED TO GO AND HAVE SOME FUN.


GO ON. FIND SOMETHING FUN TO DO AND DO IT!




  • After reading today's post, I realize....................................................................................................

( for me it is: Im allowed to have fun.  Fun is a demonstration of the belief in Joy.)


  •  The thing that I find the most JOY in doing is......................................

  • I could not have FUN today because......................................................
( I got too caught up in busyness and the franticness of my day.)

  • I have denied myself permission to have FUN because...........................
( my belief was that only children have fun, adults have to work and there is no time for FUN.)
  adults have to behave responsibly. "you are not a child anymore, stop playing around" 

SO.........GET CREATIVE, GET OUT YOUR TOYS AND PLAY AND HAVE SOME FUN.


Let me remember:

Life is a game that is meant to be FUN
There is always time for having FUN
FUN is a demonstration of the belief in Joy.
Today is a FUN day.

Hope that todays blog is helpful.
Love Mel xx

NEXT WEEK:
HONOR YOURSELF WITH..............SURRENDER.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Melanie,thanks for the reminder of something we often tend to forget to do in this busy world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes yes yes yes yes. As always you post exactly the thing I need to hear. Day off tomorrow so that is MY time for some fun!!!

    ReplyDelete